Gower Foundation for Excellence in Education
The Gower Foundation is a non-profit, independent, tax-exempt corporation governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees. It is qualified by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) organization to receive tax-deductible donations. The Foundation seeks funds from private, business, and corporate sources to support unique learning experiences for students and teachers so that all Gower students are at their best!
The Goals of the Gower Foundation include:
- Student Development: The Foundation will provide students and teachers with the resources for supplemental educational and enrichment activities that build upon the District’s curriculum beyond what is typically financed with tax dollars.
- Staff Excellence: The Foundation will provide resources to support innovation and creativity among Gower educators through support of high quality staff development.
- School/Community Collaboration: The Foundation will serve as a bridge between area residents, businesses, and District alumni to identify and channel resources to the service of Gower students.
To learn more or to get involved, visit the Gower Foundation website here: http://gower62foundation.com
Gower Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
The purpose of this organization shall be: to enhance a positive learning environment for all Gower Elementary and Middle School students.
We will do this through:
- Bolstering relationships between the school, parents, and teachers
- Executing school community-building social events
- Funding classroom initiatives
The Gower PTO is dedicated to supporting the development of all children and regularly sponsor s events that enrich their learning experience. This organization aims to support the Gower Teachers and Staff by providing time and material to help children grow academically, socially, and physically.
To learn more or to get involved, visit the Gower PTO website here http://www.gowerpto.com