Continuous improvement and looking for innovative ways to engage students and increase student learning are important goals of the administrative team and teachers. The Gower INNOVATE 62 Committee helped us move forward in achieving these goals by crafting a five-year vision for teaching and learning in Gower. The i3 Learning: Innovate, Integrate, and Inspire.
- will promote innovation in the classroom
- will integrate digital learning beyond the traditional classroom setting, and
- will inspire students to create content and not simply consume it.
The is Learning Initiative will result in:
- More devices and access for students to collaborate anywhere, anytime (Chromebooks in grades 3-8 and iPads in K-2)
- A single Learning Management System that adds consistency and creates more opportunities for collaboration across the District
- Focused Professional Development with an emphasis on utilizing more student led strategies and sharpening 21st Century skills
- A shift in classroom instruction that will promote problem solving, small group collaboration, and student-led learning opportunities that stretch beyond the traditional classroom setting