The use of eLearning Days in place of what would otherwise be used as Emergency Closure Days was approved by the Gower Board of Education in 2019 and another forward-thinking action taken by our Future Ready district. This is an exciting opportunity for Gower School District and was made possible by the collaboration between our staff, our administrative team and our parent representatives on the Board.
Remember, the emphasis on the ‘e’ is ‘engagement’!
Our Gower West and Gower Middle eLearning websites contain additional information and can be reached by clicking the School Logo below:
Click your school logo above to reach our Gower West or Gower Middle school-based eLearning pages
Gower School District 62 eLearning Overview:
Gower School District 62 eLearning Daily Schedule:
- 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Teacher Planning/preparation
- 8:30 a.m. – eLearning modules posted and period of availability, student engagement, instruction, supervision and support as needed begins
- 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – 5-hour block of student engagement, instruction, supervision, monitoring and support as needed
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Teacher Duty Free
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:20 p.m. – Verification/assessment of student work/engagement; planning/prep. for ongoing e-Learning modules
- 3:20 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. – Teacher planning/preparation, professional responsibilities
Our Board of Education took an important step in 2014 when they approved the Resolution to ensure that Gower was recognized as a Future Ready district. The Board has continued to support the variety of programs put into place since that commitment was made. Their recent action to approve the use of eLearning Days in place of what would otherwise be used as Emergency Closure Days was no different. This is an exciting opportunity for Gower School District and was made possible by the collaboration between our staff, our administrative team and our parent representatives on the Board.
As reported, the Gower Staff is off and running with a strong approach to engaging students and maintaining continuity of teaching and learning on days that would have otherwise been lost to emergency school closures. We have shared our plan, early on, with the DuPage County Regional Office of Education and appreciate their ongoing support. Subsequently, our plan has also been shared with a number of school districts and we have enjoyed hosting our colleagues from across the area in web and phone conferences to answer their questions as they consider adapting a plan that works best in their community. Please reach out to the District Office directly with any questions you may have. And remember, the emphasis on the ‘e’ is ‘engagement’!
PLEASE SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK WITH US!
Our school administrators and staff are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding our eLearning Program. If you have any further questions regarding our e-learning program please reach out to us directly.
Phone Number: (630) 286-4925
Phone Number: (630) 286-4933
Another way to share your feedback about our eLearning Program is to use the following Google Form. Information submitted via the eLearning Feedback Form will be shared with our administrative staff and used with other feedback collected as an ongoing review of our program.
eLearning Implementation Resources
The following items have been helpful to Gower School District Administrators and are posted as resources for other districts to review and utilize as they see fit. And remember, the emphasis on the ‘e’ is ‘engagement’!
- eLearning Day Presentation – DuPage ROE Technology Coordinator Panel – Jan. 28, 2020
- eLearning Days – FAQ
- Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document represent the questions asked in the Gower Community as we implemented eLearning during the 2018-19 school year as well as questions asked by our colleagues as they build out a plan of their own.