As reported at the Sept. 24, 2019 Board Meeting as part of the Superintendent’s Report, district administrators and the Board of Education have “initiated the process to meet long-term facility needs against existing and available forms of funding.” Part of that work included a full review of our campus and facility needs, beginning in 2018, which resulted in ~$4,000,000 in recommended repairs/replacements over the next 5 years and ~$7,000,000 when considering projected facility needs in years 6-10. An updated District Capital Improvement Report was provided to the Board of Education as part of the Superintendent’s Report at the Feb. 2018, 2020 Board Meeting that included a recommendation to post a referendum question to the Gower Community to address the list of repairs needed as well as Capital Improvement projects at both of our school campuses.
The feedback collected from Gower parents, staff, and community members as part of the Gower West and Gower Middle Campus Facility and Project Surveys, launched as part of our 2019-2020 Bring Your Parent to School Day program, are included in this updated report. The surveys were designed to collect feedback about our school campuses, help us ‘think big’ and prioritize ‘what’s next’ for our school campuses, and gain a clear understanding of what our community thinks of our school buildings as they stand today and what they would like to see addressed in the future.
As our Campus Project and Referendum work continues, updates will be posted on this page for ongoing access to the information and as a way to continue to encourage community feedback and input.
Continued updates to be provided here. Stay tuned…
- District Campus Projects & Referendum Committee Meeting – – March 17, 2020 – CANCELED due to school closure; to be rescheduled
- District Capital Improvement Report – Superintendent’s Report, Appendix B – March 17, 2020
- District Campus Projects & Referendum Committee Meeting – Feb. 25, 2020
- Enrollment History and Projections – Gower School District – Feb. 21, 2020
- District Capital Improvement Report – Superintendent’s Report, Appendix B – Feb. 18, 2020
- Continuing to Invest in Gower Presentation – Gower Foundation Speaker Series – Jan. 29, 2020
- Gower Middle Campus Facility and Project Survey Launched – Bring Your Parent to School Day – Jan. 17, 2020
- Preliminary Gower West Facility and Project Survey Data shared with architects for review and preliminary scope of work – Dec. 17, 2019 Board Meeting
- 2018 Facility Assessment Report Summary – Presented at the Nov. 19, 2019 Board Meeting
- Gower West Campus Facility and Project Survey Launched – Bring Your Parent to School Day – Oct. 11, 2019
- District administrator review of available forms of funding and district borrowing capabilities/financial position – Initiated for Sept. 24, 2019 Board Meeting
- Proposed Budget for 2019-2020 School Year with 5-Year Projections – Presented at the Aug. 20, 2019 Board Meeting