Gower School District will close its schools starting Monday, March 16th and immediately implement our approved e-Learning schedule through March 27th.
After continuing and ongoing conversations with officials from the DuPage Regional Office of Education and the the DuPage County department of Public Health, as well as direct collaboration with other area school districts, the decision to close schools was made in unity and with an understanding to inform our respective communities at 1:30 p.m. today. Gower School District will continue to work closely with DCHD and the ROE to ensure the ongoing health and safety of our school community.
The eLearning schedule for both Gower West and Gower Middle is as follows and begins Monday, March 16, 2020:
- 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Teacher planning/preparation
- 8:30 a.m. – Learning modules posted and period of availability, student engagement, instruction, supervision and support as needed begins
- 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – 5-hour block of student engagement, instruction, supervision, monitoring and support as needed: Teachers utilize a variety of virtual and online learning tools
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Teacher Duty Free/Lunch Period
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:20 p.m. – Verification and assessment of student work/engagement; Teacher planning/preparation and formative adjustment for continued e-Learning
- 3:20 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. – Teacher planning/preparation, professional responsibilities
Student’s are expected to utilize our eLearning Day procedures (see link on our district webpage) to be marked present. Your child’s eLearning Modules will be available through our respective Gower West eLearning Site and our Gower Middle eLearning Site beginning no later than 8:30 a.m. on March 16, 2020. Our staff will continue to update eLearning Modules and Teacher Lessons through our eLearning sites as designed. It is important to remember that a critical part of our eLearning plan is the availability of our staff from 8:30 – 1:30 a.m. for virtual support. Student attendance on eLearning Days will be based on their completion of the eLearning Modules in accordance with our plan. If your child is unable to participate in these eLearning Days, for any reason, please contact your school office directly and our staff will work with you to accommodate your specific needs.
More detailed information will follow accordingly,
Superintendent of Schools
COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) Update – March 13, 2020; 1:30 p.m.