In addition to the suspension of non-essential district gatherings of 250 people, the following mitigation efforts are effective tomorrow, Friday, March 13th until further notice:
- All Athletic practices or competitions are suspended.
- All after school club meetings and activities are suspended.
- All school trips, including field trips, are canceled.
- All outside speakers and volunteer sessions scheduled are canceled.
- All outside facility use is suspended (e.g school rentals).
- eLearning is prepared for deployment – No recommendation to close schools, or suspend before and after school care programs at this time.
Currently, there have been no confirmed COVID-19 cases among students or staff in Gower School District at this time. Even so, with the number of cases across the state and region increasing and as a result of our communication and coordination with the DuPage County Health Department (DCHD), we are implementing these additional measures to help to reduce the spread of illness throughout the DuPage community at large.We will evaluate whether or not to reschedule any performances or events impacted by this decision at a later time.
Should a case of COVID-19 be identified among our students or staff, we will make a decision to close school in direct partnership with the DCHD. Our eLearning program is prepared for deployment should it become necessary to close school and has been posted on a state-wide database to share with other school districts across the state.
Further updates will be provided should the current situation in our school district change. Furthermore, our updates are being posted to the District News Page at http://gower62.com/district/ and timestamped accordingly. Please be sure to contact your school office if you have questions related to the status of a specific school event.
These are unprecedented times. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this situation together.
Superintendent of Schools